I Remembered The Rain
I remembered the rain...
the day we sat together
watching the rain drops dancing before us
on the window before our eyes
I remembered your face...
the expression in your eyes
the frown on your brow
looking at the rain dancing before your eyes
I remembered you...
looking at me
with that soft, pained, wistful look in your eyes
knowing in the midst of the rain, around us
that you were trying to remember me
so that you would not forget my face
on the day we were finally apart
All that we ever had was the rain...
And what we remembered
of each other's face in the shadow of the rain that day...
Now, without you...
I hear the rain...
only the rain, and remembering your eyes
that soft, pained, wistful look in your eyes
tearing me apart, crushing my heart
As I remember you...
Iris Rain's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Remembered The Rain by Iris Rain )
- was has du ge maht, Robert Lynnn
- A Song Of Living, Amelia Josephine Burr
- My Final Goodbye, Naomi Johnson
- I Remember, Kelly Shanks
- Right there, Robert Lynnn
- Beautiful heaven, hasmukh amathalal
- Black Thursday, Barry Jablonski
- ... MY FIGHT FOR LIFE..., Ken e Hall
- Show life, hasmukh amathalal
- Life, Soul Watcher
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Case Of Murder, Vernon Scannell
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Green Mountain, Li Po
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)