I Sat In The Shade Of The Tree
I'm not a poet,
Nor like a writer
Me; A daily labor
I sat in the shade of the tree
Waiting for my company
The walker...You are here?
Trend of the mind like a poet
Ha! The whole family is in diet,
I don't mind him...because he is right.
We, the friends make fun
Foul words and blame each other
Some say...you are a poet
Be a poet!
Playing, jokes and angular vision toward girls is not for you
Maintain your look.
Local exclamatory words
And the fun is not for you.
I thought either they love me
Or respect my thinkings
But they don't know
I want to break the sky and write about it;
Fight with my friends and feel the hurts
I want to be your daily labor!
Litan Dey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Sat In The Shade Of The Tree by Litan Dey )
- The Book O' Life, Sir Toby
- Performing To Do Well, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Wear a Cons Smile, Kevin Patrick
- Being aware, hasmukh amathalal
- Needed, Michael McParland
- Glory dies with memory., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Sources and termination, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Blood Red Candle, Arrianna Prentiss
- Hugh in a Nutshell, Arrianna Prentiss
- Painting Tomorrow, Cathy Hodgson
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)