I Sat In The Shade Of The Tree
I'm not a poet,
Nor like a writer
Me; A daily labor
I sat in the shade of the tree
Waiting for my company
The walker...You are here?
Trend of the mind like a poet
Ha! The whole family is in diet,
I don't mind him...because he is right.
We, the friends make fun
Foul words and blame each other
Some say...you are a poet
Be a poet!
Playing, jokes and angular vision toward girls is not for you
Maintain your look.
Local exclamatory words
And the fun is not for you.
I thought either they love me
Or respect my thinkings
But they don't know
I want to break the sky and write about it;
Fight with my friends and feel the hurts
I want to be your daily labor!
Litan Dey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Sat In The Shade Of The Tree by Litan Dey )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Gratitude, Mallika Achuthan Menon
- My Thoughts, Michael P. McParland
- Impact of snow climate., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- My limbs, gajanan mishra
- PARUI POLICE BRUTALITY, Bireswar Halder
- Sacred Kailas, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- VIRTUAL POET FRIENDS, Philo Yan
- The Imponderable, Sandra Feldman
- Arousal Of Energy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Being Welcomed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak