I served the man with pocket-money,
Out of a slender fund - the accumulated savings.
My parts and wholes of volumes of work
Ganged up on me, and I fed others with facts.
I had an intention, and a law, for the saying
That was mine, flowing forwards with height.
The tsunami of blessings smothered me
With heartache, as the books so read were beneficial.
I served the profession well, of reading I was first,
In this well of knowing was my prize,
For I became a knowledge in fairness.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Served by Naveed Akram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- WE RIDE NORTH, AWAKEN!, Hibah Shabkhez
- I am the paradise, gajanan mishra
- Non-Belief and Nothing, douglas scotney
- Is poem everything?, gajanan mishra
- Universal Creed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Chalo na phir shuruyaat krte hai, Ajeet Singh Dhruv
- Kaise mai ye likh deta hoon! !, Ajeet Singh Dhruv
- Final Frontier, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Doors Of Destiny, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reproductions Through Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak