I shall remember
I remember the day you were born.
From school, I found you home,
When I heard you cry, I ran and
Happy I was.
There you lay comfortably, wrapped
In new towels.
Dear me! Angelic you looked,
Tender you felt.
I remember your first ‘step’,
We all sat watching TV,
Gently you tried 2 steps and fell.
Jeez! We all clapped and laughed,
Oh! ! you shyly closed your eyes to cry.
Yes! everyone had a good laugh then.
I remember when you lost your front teeth,
Funny you looked -but cute you were.
When you smiled everyone had a great laugh,
Oh! How you kept people happy and joyful.
I remember your first day to school,
Really eager you were to get there.
Later you got tired of waking up in the mornings,
How funny you acted when faced wid school!
Now that you are gone, I’ll remember,
I’ll cherish the moments we spent together,
I’ll remember your laughs when I went wrong
And I’ll always remember the way you loved me.
Above all, I’ll remember the last day I saw you,
Like the day you were born you looked,
Angelic and peaceful you lay,
Though young you looked eased,
And forever I shall remember…
mona miles's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I shall remember by mona miles )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Gordon D Wilkinson
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(01 January 1950)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Truce of Night, Lucy Maud Montgomery
Poem of the Day
- Marshes Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- What I Dream And What I Find, Amitava Sur
- Waves Within...., Umasree Raghunath
- Children of Peshawar! My heart bleeds fo.., Umasree Raghunath
- A History Of The Future- What's THAT? ? .., Bri Edwards
- Epistle therefrom Death, Sir Toby Moses
- Being Rich, Randy McClave
- Chief glory, gajanan mishra
- If I Get There, Luis Estable
- That Savor Is So, Luis Estable