I shall remember
I remember the day you were born.
From school, I found you home,
When I heard you cry, I ran and
Happy I was.
There you lay comfortably, wrapped
In new towels.
Dear me! Angelic you looked,
Tender you felt.
I remember your first ‘step’,
We all sat watching TV,
Gently you tried 2 steps and fell.
Jeez! We all clapped and laughed,
Oh! ! you shyly closed your eyes to cry.
Yes! everyone had a good laugh then.
I remember when you lost your front teeth,
Funny you looked -but cute you were.
When you smiled everyone had a great laugh,
Oh! How you kept people happy and joyful.
I remember your first day to school,
Really eager you were to get there.
Later you got tired of waking up in the mornings,
How funny you acted when faced wid school!
Now that you are gone, I’ll remember,
I’ll cherish the moments we spent together,
I’ll remember your laughs when I went wrong
And I’ll always remember the way you loved me.
Above all, I’ll remember the last day I saw you,
Like the day you were born you looked,
Angelic and peaceful you lay,
Though young you looked eased,
And forever I shall remember…
mona miles's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I shall remember by mona miles )
- For you, shall never I be old, Saheb Mohapatra
- Because I love you much, Saheb Mohapatra
- God, it's the man speaking, Saheb Mohapatra
- Zoos, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- How would be my last breathe?, Saheb Mohapatra
- Fall, Frank Avon
- LIMERICK-2 (Saloon day), Saheb Mohapatra
- MOTHER, Saheb Mohapatra
- POETRY, Saheb Mohapatra
- Sea, Land, Shadow, Kazuko Shiraishi
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Snake, Theodore Roethke
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)