I Should Kill Myself
My teachers told me to stop dreaming all day
They never told me you can die that way
To live like that is barely to live at all
That's why I found it
The best anesthetic
Ignoring the world was my first heroin
Kids called me names, I cried
Call me names today, I'll probably smile
I fooled you
I made you think I was worth your time
I couldn't even make up a simple rhyme
On which to end my meaningless shitty turmoil of existence
So I hold my needle like a gun
And it would be so dry to sign off with a pun
Though I won't
If I were to do such a thing
You may think more of me
You may think me witty
You may think me clever
You may think MY DESIRE TO MAKE YOU LAUGH
MEANS I CARED ABOUT YOU...
WHAT AM I; JESUS?
You may even make the terrible mistake
Of thinking this was a tragedy
When I was merely avoiding one
And so I'm dead; unnoticed and unuseful.
You can't forget me fast enough.
Of course I'm not really dead
I just wanted your attention
For a moment
But now, now, what?
Now I'm bored!
Now what to do?
I think I'll kill myself
Hell, I may. Hell, I should.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Should Kill Myself by MyLast Words )
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ- 79, Ronjoy Brahma
- Stay That Way, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Veins, Vines, And Vineyard Sweepings, Dexsta Ray
- Once There Was Love, Guy Shaked
- Silent Aspirations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- None But I Myself Am A Witness To Contem.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Need To Know, Michael McParland
- Tomorrow's Trails, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Errand Man, Tony Adah
- Thelo (2), Branden Aeling