I shouldn't have left the home
Dreaming to chase the clouds
In the world out,
I left the home,
As it’s time for the sunrise.
The dust flies off the road,
Erasing the footprints I traveled so far.
I cannot see my home.
It disappears below the line,
As the earth turns over quick
I have my eyes open
But I don’t know,
Either anyone around
Or I am alone.
Its dark everywhere,
My pupil shrinks like a fading lamp
And the darkness grows even more.
I am scared,
I am trying to sleep;
I am trying to dream
And forget where I am,
Oh! I couldn't
Only my pillow gets soaked in tears.
I am counting the days
When I can return home?
The gears on the clock seem to run fast,
But the sun hangs up always on the top.
How you allowed me to go far away?
Why you abandoned me? Why? Why?
No, I am wrong, it’s not you.
It’s me, who made the choice.
And you are right,
I couldn't bear the solitary planet of the universe.
I miss your love,
I miss you beside me,
I shouldn't have left the home.
Now, I feel it within the heart.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I shouldn't have left the home by Prakash Paulraj )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- Conundrums Consequence..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Whats and Whats, Ibrahim Lawal Soro
- No Answers To Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Angelwalk 2, Mr. Spock
- The Bridge of New York's Beauty..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Hiking Limerick, Mr. Spock
- Christmas Tree, Mr. Spock
- The Star, The Wish, The Coming..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Christmas Star, Mr. Spock
- From Drunk Pete Diary, Adeosun Olamide