i thought you were different
I looked at you.
And found deep solace in your soul.
Though about you as friend.
Fate pushed us together.
But I thought you were different.
What could have been,
would seem like never.
The lies, the games and the times wasted.
Single, lonely and broken heated, I would rather be.
I felt something towards you.
Thinking we had the same.
I was being a pawn, part of your evil game.
Your emotional shoes wiping all over my face.
Your smile made my heart race.
Now you make me feel like rubbish.
I will never forget your deceit.
If only love was like a credit card.
If unwanted, you return,
no questions asked with your receipt.
The gift of love, I had wanted to give
Gave me a reason to live.
Looked forward to days with you.
Smile, kiss and passion.
Like many of my dreams shot down in flames.
By the Red Baron of love.
I have no parachute to save me.
Your hurt, burning me like oil fuelled flames.
Hitting terra-firma hurt me hard.
Now, you cannot hurt me no more.
Cupid, I ask you.
You should have worn your glasses.
For your aim was so untrue
Goodbye you have made this man so blue.
Goodbye Mata Hari.of love, goodbye.
I Siddiqi 13.05.09
Ibrar Siddiqi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (i thought you were different by Ibrar Siddiqi )
- no blue/no green, delilah contrapunctal.... ye ..
- leave, Vanessa Parodia
- Two Books For Each Person, Is It Poetry
- Moment, Vanessa Parodia
- The Broken Heart, kashif khan
- The Posture Of Consciousness, Maharishi Deja Vu
- Cloudy eyes, Nassy Fesharaki
- Ill luck, hasmukh amathalal
- The Peasant, kashif khan
- Insanity Of Control, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
George Gordon Byron
(22 January 1788 – 19 April 1824)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)