I Want To Be
I cherish women,
I adore women,
I respect women
But I love ONE WOMAN.
in my head I ponder,
Who do you always run to when you aren't okay.
When in your heart you have alot to exhale but your lips has less to say?
When on your face you have a warm bright smile but your heart is full of tears?
I dont know
But I plead to know,
Who do you run to when your entire world is crumbling before yor very feet.
When someone else is announced the victor when it's them that stumbled on defeat?
When you are dying to talk to only one person but all you face is a stoned cold shoulder?
It's not me
But am ready to be,
Be that only person that lends an ear to all your complaints and lamentations,
Arguments, nagging and the one that hands your heart a sense of completion.
I want to be your all
From summer through fall,
The one that whose shoulder is ready for your crying face,
The one that for all that you lament about, his heart has a space.
It's not me
But let me be,
let me deny myself time but create time for you,
Let me be the one that each dusk that fades away and each dawn that says hallo, make you feel brand new.
I know I can
Shine bright than the sun,
Shine on your life
Because for me,
You're that future wife.
Let me stand with you in the rain and block few drops,
Like your own shadow,
Let me walk by your side to the very day my heart stops.
I will lay happily, peacefully and silently in the grave
Knowing that for once,
In the past life, you had one loyal man,
And that man was me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I Want To Be by victor Ihaji )
- The Present, bryan wallace
- Vieze oren, Schone ogen, Madrason writer
- The Purple Lady., Achill Ladd
- My World, Douglas ClearyMaxwell
- Just Write It, Mark R. Elias
- A PHOTOGRAPH OF MYSELF AT AGE TEN, TAKEN.., NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- Dainty Little Poem, Mark R. Elias
- 1959, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- TRANSIENT, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- எப்பொழுதும்!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)