I was pissed and upset
I wanted to do something...
To hurt and disappoint them like they did me.
I wanted to get even.
I knew it wasn't my fault...what had happened,
But at the time I didn't care.
I wasn't about to let them walk all over me...
Not again...Not ever again!
I wasn't sure what I was wanting,
And it didn't matter,
I was going to prove,
I wasn't a little girl!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Was by Ashley Davis )
- Something still present, Tadasha Tripathy
- Cycling in Flanders 2, Stratis Havarti
- A study in what not to do, Christopher Withers
- Critical Thinking, Nassy Fesharaki
- LIKE AN ASTEROID, Satish Verma
- Stay as unit, hasmukh amathalal
- I shall change, hasmukh amathalal
- Egg, Olufayo Ezekiel
- The grass, gajanan mishra
- But we are one, gajanan mishra