I will marry you
i always told myself that
i would never get married
becuz my mama never did and
i kinda figured that i wouldnt either.
but when you said you wanted to marry me,
i was kinda shocked because like i knew
that you were serious but not that type of serious
because my relationships dont last a lifetime.
i nevered even pictured myself getting married.
its like alot of smoke was hiding my cloud nine.
but you cleared it for me.
now i can see that cloud, its clear now.
i can see myself walking down that isle holding
my daddy hand waiting to approach you.
you pull my vale over my head and tell me
i look beautiful. you look into my eyes and smile.
you take my hand (the leftie)
put the ring on it (silver)
and kiss the bride (me)
do you feel lucky?
yeah, you probably do
you are gonna marry the perfect girl for you.
and just imagine what the honeymoon is going to be like.
i love you so much! !
And yes, i will marry you.
*aka* dat girl nickey
Nickey Mason's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I will marry you by Nickey Mason )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
- Mark Strand
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- 2015 is still ahead, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Those Who Long For Death, Saiom Shriver
- Babe, Saiom Shriver
- Twelve Christmas Angels, Loyd C. Taylor
- When I am able to do what I like عندما ا.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- At Poemhunter, Khairul Ahsan
- Within My Dreams, Michael P. McParland
- In their ears, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- بےچینی تمھارے بنا, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- Fear of Falling, Sierra Staten