I wish you weren't in
I wish you weren't in so much pain,
But on a beach with us in Spain.
You've always been the one that's funny,
I'm not here to take your money.
A lovely lady, Grandma you are,
In all our lives, you are the star.
So many things we've learned from you,
What's that recipe for that stew?
We just hope you feel much better,
You don't have email, so here's this letter.
We love you so much, we adore,
Even when you sleep and snore.
Ali Sabry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I wish you weren't in by Ali Sabry )
- rotating, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- I Wait for Thee, Adam M. Snow
- With dignity, hasmukh amathalal
- Aurat, Bano Ali
- Change The Inevitable, Tony Adah
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.57, Mr. Nobody
- Long before my birth (cavatina), Gert Strydom
- Let Me Be Her<3, Nautica Moxley
- Absalom, Gert Strydom
- Freedom Is Calling, Tony Adah
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)