If a Hippo Said Boo
If a hippo said boo,
What would you do?
Would you shoo,
Paddle away in a canoe,
Try to fly like a cockatoo,
A crocodile's stew,
Or pretend you,
Are a passing kangaroo?
Could offer something new;
A home in a zoo,
Cake to chew,
Or a shiny shoe?
I'd just say, 'phew,
I've been looking for you,
To ask your point of view,
On what people should do,
Before animals are too few.'
Stephen Katona's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If a Hippo Said Boo by Stephen Katona )
Did you read them?
- Love Is A Feeling, Lilly Emery
- I saw my father, in silhouette, Thomas Leathandrum
- What are these days? !, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- What are these days?, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A Flower In My Heart, Rohit Sapra
- The Cavity, Francie Lynch
- Exstasis, Frank Avon
- I'm a Piece of Work, Francie Lynch
- Some people's change, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Simply Marvelous, Electric Lady
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 January 1903 - 13 March 1976)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)