If All The Universe Is A Poem
IF ALL THE UNIVERSE IS A POEM
If all the Universe is a Poem
How do we interpret its ‘extinctions'?
What do we make of its horrible inhuman inhospitality?
What do we with the immense sufferings of the innocent?
How do we make any sense at all
Of what its Pains' mean?
We we are the Poem's climax perhaps
But on such a small scale?
If all the Universe is a poem
Why did God write it in such a difficult and contradictory way
In which even the poems no longer know if they are really poems
And the people no longer know if they are to become no longer human?
God is the Answer but also the Question
Who are we?
And what is the highest we can be?
And when we write
Can it ever really be Poetry?
Shalom Freedman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If All The Universe Is A Poem by Shalom Freedman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- 52!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Between War And Freedom, Edward Kofi Louis
- For the first time, Joni Lenhart
- Slowly-so-Slowly,, Aftab Alam
- Her Spirit Sings for Him, Maia Padua
- I Am Cast To The Sky, Richard Provencher
- Sweet Victory, Edward Kofi Louis
- Gorgon With Hair Threatening, Margaret Alice Second
- Sober Song, Barton Sutter
- I Love Your Crazy Bones, Barton Sutter