If beauty could let her love to me
If beauty could let' her love to me'
Like the white buds on a magnolia tree
What a nature in my soul there would be
What a freedom in my breast for thee
Could I in truth set wing flung free...
If love were just an olive branch
What bodice of joy would there be
No chaste hearts lost romance
No heaven for a wondering, bee
Not for the likes my love for thee.
If beauty were plentiful in every cup
If every face wore a stars makeup
How miserable it all would seem;
How much like an empty dream...
Clouds in there thunder would, ream!
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If beauty could let her love to me by Mark Heathcote )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Eternal Life, Michael McParland
- The Comrade's Song, Nikola Vaptsarov
- A Dream, Nikola Vaptsarov
- Spain, Nikola Vaptsarov
- ONE MORE ANNIVERSARY, Satish Verma
- A Love Song, Nikola Vaptsarov
- Enough Hate, Michael McParland
- Endless Deep Beauty, Michael McParland
- Electricity, Michael McParland
- In The Summer After "Issue Year&quo.., Roberta Hill Whiteman