If Brothers Are United Together For Ever!
Glimmering flame from a single thread
Is put off and cease even by a gentle wind;
But the flame jointly from twisted multiple thread
Cannot be won, even slightest, by the strong wind!
Likewise, if the relatives and brothers together
With love and affection are united for ever,
Nobody can think of winning them over,
The Poet Vedhanayakam Pillai assured for sure!
ஒற்றையொண் சுடரினை யொழிக்கும் மெல்வளி
கற்றையாப் பலசுடர் கலப்பின் மாவளி
சற்றும்வெல் லாதுசூழ் தமர்ச கோதரர்
பற்றொடு மருவிடிற் படரு றார்களே.4
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'If brothers are united together for ever! ' is a gist of one of the poems by Mayuram Vedhanayakam Pillai regarding brothers' nature! .
Comments about this poem (If Brothers Are United Together For Ever! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
- The Book O' Life, Sir Toby
- Performing To Do Well, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Wear a Cons Smile, Kevin Patrick
- Being aware, hasmukh amathalal
- Needed, Michael McParland
- Glory dies with memory., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Sources and termination, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Blood Red Candle, Arrianna Prentiss
- Hugh in a Nutshell, Arrianna Prentiss
- Painting Tomorrow, Cathy Hodgson
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)