Theodora (Theo) Onken
((( If Ever)))
If ever there was a nightime serene...
Painted in delicate-brush-stroked ebony hue-
And embellsihed with Golden-gilded stars...
With a velvet hint of violet view;
Then i would know that i had arrived...
My destination wrapped in my sheltered wings-
Flying through the early sky as a Sparrow...
Singing the Sweet Psalms Of Spring;
I would mingle with the Butterfly and Bee...
For they are: 'True Aristocrats of the Dawn'-
And then i would fly ever-forever-long past never...
Because i would know that i belong;
Embracing all that 'twas-
And all that surely could be...
I would paint the sky-'Blue Velvet Upon High'...
And revel in at last- reaching my Eternity;
Theodora (Theo) Onken's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (((( If Ever))) by Theodora (Theo) Onken )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Multiplying Loneliness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- This Is Such A Pity, Electric Lady
- What Happen To Love, Lilly Emery
- The Judges Lied, Tony Adah
- Empty Passages, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- In Hiding, Leigh Sena
- I wonder, hasmukh amathalal
- Nightmares Of Reality, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I speak loud, hasmukh amathalal
- Friendship, Abekah Emmanuel