Theodora (Theo) Onken
((( If Ever)))
If ever there was a nightime serene...
Painted in delicate-brush-stroked ebony hue-
And embellsihed with Golden-gilded stars...
With a velvet hint of violet view;
Then i would know that i had arrived...
My destination wrapped in my sheltered wings-
Flying through the early sky as a Sparrow...
Singing the Sweet Psalms Of Spring;
I would mingle with the Butterfly and Bee...
For they are: 'True Aristocrats of the Dawn'-
And then i would fly ever-forever-long past never...
Because i would know that i belong;
Embracing all that 'twas-
And all that surely could be...
I would paint the sky-'Blue Velvet Upon High'...
And revel in at last- reaching my Eternity;
Theodora (Theo) Onken's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (((( If Ever))) by Theodora (Theo) Onken )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(22 March 1941 -)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
- Michael P. McParland
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- Season Of Great Joy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- He Is a Virgin, Cheryl Joy Amarga
- Days, Michael P. McParland
- She Found Home, Cheryl Joy Amarga
- Early Learning, Denis Martindale
- Dancing The Night Away, Michael P. McParland
- Young Voices, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Why Wrtite About Love, Cheryl Joy Amarga
- Damn The Man, Michael P. McParland
- Crying, Michael P. McParland