Theodora (Theo) Onken
((( If Ever)))
If ever there was a nightime serene...
Painted in delicate-brush-stroked ebony hue-
And embellsihed with Golden-gilded stars...
With a velvet hint of violet view;
Then i would know that i had arrived...
My destination wrapped in my sheltered wings-
Flying through the early sky as a Sparrow...
Singing the Sweet Psalms Of Spring;
I would mingle with the Butterfly and Bee...
For they are: 'True Aristocrats of the Dawn'-
And then i would fly ever-forever-long past never...
Because i would know that i belong;
Embracing all that 'twas-
And all that surely could be...
I would paint the sky-'Blue Velvet Upon High'...
And revel in at last- reaching my Eternity;
Theodora (Theo) Onken's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (((( If Ever))) by Theodora (Theo) Onken )
Did you read them?
- The Echoes rattle, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Where statues from their eyes Shed Tears, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The ghosts and shrouds, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The inward echo, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Be a man with humanity, gajanan mishra
- Wild Thyme Of Bearded Hogs, Emmanuel George Cefai
- For Time was deep, Emmanuel George Cefai
- I Cant Have You, Tracee Olga
- A verse A chant, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Face of the skeleton, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- As Soon as Fred Gets Out of Bed, Jack Prelutsky
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Barbie Doll, Marge Piercy
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(22 March 1941 -)