Ace Of Black Hearts
If He Kills My Moon
The moons eye has been blackened.
She looked so wrong when I saw her last.
But I know, I know, I know.
I can't save her, I can't even stop it from happening again.
It would help if she would just listen.
Subjects just better left alone.
But its so hard to swallow it down.
Threaten his life just won't work.
Because he's a cop.
A man in blue,
Your suppose to be man of honor.
To protect and serve.
Then you go home and beat your wife within inches of her life.
That just isn't right.
She keeps making excuse for him.
The fault is all and only his.
And to think you soon gonna have his kid.
What are you now three months?
Will that be the decider.
The clincher that makes finally makes you get the nerve to leave and put out a order of protection against him,
I know what your afraid of.
Because he is cop he will get away with breaching it.
I will take a stand against him if when and you break it off in that way only,
I am your friend.
But intill you do for yourself I can't help you.
As much as I want too..
I got others to think about in my life.
Behind bars I wouldn't do anyone any good.
There is a time and a place for everything.
Given it I would smile laying him out.
Take out all the aggression built up inside over the years.
Some days it just feels like my head will explode.
Meeting mr. closure.
Shaking hands, and do the dance.
Being prepared for the have to.
Choice is convenient but not always there.
Seeing despair from the inside.
Fears the holy ghost.
Broiling a pig roast.
Pressure applied in every way I know how.
All I do is hope and pray it doesn't come to life and death.
I will kill him.
Put in his grave to stay.
Sitting in jail, wondering if I could have done anymore before it got this far.
Looking up to the sky at night and knowing there will never be another light so bright.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If He Kills My Moon by Ace Of Black Hearts )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Home They Brought Her Warrior Dead, Alfred Lord Tennyson
Poem of the Day
- Bug Religion, Saiom Shriver
- A Gratitude to My Unseen Friends, Akhtar Jawad
- I Pray For You, Gillu Rahul
- Touch Downs, Saiom Shriver
- Bethlehem, Saiom Shriver
- Beloved Brand, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- The Shadow, Benjamin Michael Clark
- Under The Moonlit Nights, I See You, See.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- have you seen my hand?, Mandolyn ...
- My Inspiration Are You, The Day I Saw You, Bijay Kant Dubey