IF I AM JUST A THOUGHT
If I am a song,
Thank you for singing me.
If I am only refrain,
Thank you for remembering me.
If I am the morning’s paper,
Thank you for leafing through.
If I am a book,
Thank you for reading me.
If I am a letter on your doorstep,
Thank you for not moving away yet.
If I am at your place as I was lost
Thank you for returning me to myself.
If I am a postcard
Thank you for writing and sending me.
If I am a written letter,
Thank you for learning me.
If I am a word that was said,
Thank you for hearing me.
If I am an accidental look,
Thank you for seeing me.
If I am just a thought,
Thank you for understanding me.
Vida Nenadic's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (IF I AM JUST A THOUGHT by Vida Nenadic )
- Eat Dessert First, Bill Grace
- cuts, Josephine Taylor
- Our India, Anishka Singh
- Agony 2, Michael McParland
- Single-minded, gajanan mishra
- Last night was looking in my eyes, valentin savin
- Craving, Foster Teegarden
- Rain in summer امطار صيفية, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Poets everywhere, hasmukh amathalal
- New Sandwich, Von Kimball Barney
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)