If I Could Be The Sunrise
As a new, fresh light,
As gleeful and as bright.
If I could be the sunrise.
A large life but not long.
Chanting hymns like a song
Like the soft light breeze,
Like the morning with golden sunrise.
Rising when the bird chatters
Bees buzz near the flowers.
'May we attain that excellent glory of 'Savitar'.
So may He stimulate our prayers.'*
Like a golden ray from the horizon
It comes in the breaking of the dawn.
I would instill that bliss of light
May my life is short.
My dream would traverse with sparkling sunrise
Whether I live or not.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (If I Could Be The Sunrise by Ruma Chaudhuri )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- KEEP AWAY FROM MY BRIMMING BOWL, Om Chawla
- I Seen, Jose Torres Junior
- I Seen..., Jose Torres Junior
- Duet, John deVries
- Chuh, John deVries
- Blurry, Jose Armando Guzman
- Salome (Rubiyat sonnet), Gert Strydom
- See everything pure, gajanan mishra
- When I hold you tightly against me, Gert Strydom
- the gramophone record, Somanathan Iyer