If I Could Turn Back Time
If I could turn back time,
I'd go back to our first kiss
When your lips touched mine
I was in total bliss.
If I could go back
I'd go to all of the times you told me you loved me.
How I always felt for a fact
That you'd always be next to me.
If I could relive a moment,
I'd go to when we first made love
Sure it was in my car…and pretty cramped
But it took me to the heavens above.
But if I could change one thing,
It would be my lie
I'd take away the sting
That you felt when tears came to your eyes.
I'd stop myself before I did it
I'd make sure I NEVER hurt you
But now I have to deal with my own fit
All because I panicked to protect you.
It was stupid, there's no doubt
And I wish I could fix it
But now there's no way out
I just have to live with it.
But whether or not I can
Go back in time to that day
I know that I'd still love for you to be my man
And that my love for you is here to stay.
And if you decide that you want to come back to me,
I'd take you with open arms.
I'd work to earn your trust slowly,
I'd do you no harm.
Melody Stargaze's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If I Could Turn Back Time by Melody Stargaze )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
Poem of the Day
- stop talking to me, m. l. eoff
- A Lover of A Muslim Girl Am I, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Death ballet, Ojaswi Machiraju
- The Indian Villages of Paglets, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Fred Claus Got It Right, Mr. Nobody
- Taron, Pariyon Ke Desh Meri Chandramukhi.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Chandramukhi, I Haven't Seen You For So .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Becoming An Essence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Chosen Path, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I've Killed, Mr. Nobody