If I Go One Day Without You
If I go one day without you,
Will I survive the hours
and the chiming of the clock?
If you leave me, and don't look back,
will I not count your leaving
to my bitter cost?
If you stray and wonder
into the arms of another man,
though it break my heart into
a million pieces, I will have you back...
You are the life in which my soul rejoices,
the light it longs to be near.
If you go one day without saying, “Goodbye, ”
I shall love you through my tears
and place a rose upon your pillow
and await your return into my outstretched arms.
The clock will cease to chime...
but in its stillness you will always be mine.
I shall love you no matter,
for I am a captured heart,
A prisoner to your love and beauty.
I am the watchman at your gate
and I will always love you,
whether you leave or whether you stay
Melek Yuzlu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If I Go One Day Without You by Melek Yuzlu )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- Reign of Fire, Bhaskar Rabha
- I've got a mind full of you, Bull Hawking
- Culp's Hill, John F. McCullagh
- A Rockstar Came Travelling, Richard Whiting
- Re: Your Poetic License Renewal Applicat.., John F. McCullagh
- Direct Departure, Tayyab Ijaz
- Merry Merry Christmas, Dimitri Jagodinski
- Milk toast, Cee Bea
- We are all, Swrji Basumatary
- Kada Poem I, Nicholas Crowson