If I Go One Day Without You
If I go one day without you,
Will I survive the hours
and the chiming of the clock?
If you leave me, and don't look back,
will I not count your leaving
to my bitter cost?
If you stray and wonder
into the arms of another man,
though it break my heart into
a million pieces, I will have you back...
You are the life in which my soul rejoices,
the light it longs to be near.
If you go one day without saying, “Goodbye, ”
I shall love you through my tears
and place a rose upon your pillow
and await your return into my outstretched arms.
The clock will cease to chime...
but in its stillness you will always be mine.
I shall love you no matter,
for I am a captured heart,
A prisoner to your love and beauty.
I am the watchman at your gate
and I will always love you,
whether you leave or whether you stay
Melek Yuzlu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If I Go One Day Without You by Melek Yuzlu )
- Reborn, Asavri Dhillon
- Health is Wealth, J Sheba Anandhi
- Little Mind, J Sheba Anandhi
- Spark in the Dark Park, J Sheba Anandhi
- Memories, J Sheba Anandhi
- Change is Inevitable, J Sheba Anandhi
- Competition, J Sheba Anandhi
- One Pair of Eyes, J Sheba Anandhi
- Dawndrawn Version 3, Saiom Shriver
- Tomorrow Never Comes, J Sheba Anandhi
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- November, Thomas Hood
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)