If Mario Were Riding a Flying T-Rex
Your lips flatten as your mouth widens,
It opens to envelope me like a gaping wound.
Your gums flex white around browning teeth,
Barring them at me as you attempt to swallow my entire head.
Attempting to throw at me a empty, broken words.
Words I've heard before
As they float on the easy breeze to my ears,
The things I wanted to hear.
But, unlike me, you do not remember those moments.
Forgotten as easily as you spoke them.
I remember the tiny promises,
Whereas the large are easily over looked,
And hardly ever manifested either.
But your pressing teeth have turned to fangs
I watch them turn from flat to pointy, sharp like razors.
They cut, taring at the flesh of my arms.
You cannot lure me that easily into this trap.
I hop on the back of a flying T-rex,
His head and teeth both, larger than yours...
But he is gentile as a mother goose, and so,
He spares your life, as I, I too must agree,
The fate you were giving me, that's not for anybody.
Not even you.
His giant white wings bat, gusting the trees
With the strength of twelve helicopters
And hoisting his body up, towards the soft clouds,
Higher than the easy breeze, higher than you.
Emily Beck's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If Mario Were Riding a Flying T-Rex by Emily Beck )
- Insensibile, Gianfranco Aurilio
- Soul Gives Life to Dreams xx xxx xx .., Lee Mack
- Dreams Everyone Dreams, Rohit Sapra
- because we're both globe-trotters, Mandolyn ...
- Interior Constraint, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Silent voice, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- The Gentlemen For Me, Poetic Lilly Emery
- The eyes of the stars is the eyes of Sta.., Raymond Sawyer
- Let's Live in Peace, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- I Dry My Tears, Poetic Lilly Emery
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Young Housewife, William Carlos Williams
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1927)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)