IF MY DOG COULD TALK
If my dog could talk to me, I'd have so many questions to ask. Why can't man's life be as simple as yours? No worries, just sleep and play and quiet walks through the trees and fields. Chasing balls and squirrels every day. Smelling whatever you can get your nose on. Fetching sticks thrown with laughter, to the deepest part of the pond. Digging holes, trying to catch that little varmint and staring in vain with eyes of hope at whatever it is you see up in that tree. Catching snowballs in your mouth and plowing nose first through the fresh snow. Running the bases with little league boys and shagging their balls hit to left field. Giving licks of love to me when I come home and to everyone else you greet. Why are you so faithful, through and through? What makes you do the things you do? You're my protector, you'll lay your life down for me and for anyone else in our family. You're man's best friend, that's for sure ~ by my side you always abide, up until the end. I couldn't ask for a more loving dog than you. You listen to my thoughts as we walk and we run and you lift me up when my spirit is down. Time goes by too fast for me but not for you. You know how to pace yourself, it's just natural. Tell me, what answers do you have?
'My friend ~ it's simple, you see! You're here to live and learn ~ me, to please and love.
If you didn't experience hurt or pain, loss or sorrow, or sad days of rain, how could you appreciate the knowledge you gain by growing stronger from life's challenges and rigors?
How could you recognize the value of the relationships you develop with the people that come into your life? You are here to question and seek. Do so and you shall find! I'm here to be your friend, true and faithful, through thick and thin, until my last day, the very end! So walk with your head held high, knowing life is a challenge. Enjoy each and every day, in every way. Love, learn, play and grow. Then your life will be truly blessed. This, I know! '
Copyrighted 2000 Randy Sabados
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (IF MY DOG COULD TALK by Randy Sabados )
- Pride and Devotion, R B Seals
- tO Watch? 'The Maze Runner' 2014 online .., canadi arese
- Piece of peace, george albot
- THE POEM FROM HINTERLAND, SirLalianMwittah Nyalali
- An Elixir, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sirene, Tanja Bulovic
- Dream Life, Nassy Fesharaki
- u want? Watch 'Divergent' Free Online St.., ada ajakaunak
- The Jackalope Man, Like a Goose to Florida, Bruce Larkin
- I'm Wally the Wacky Warlock, Bruce Larkin
Poem of the Day
- FRee! ! Barcelona vs Ajax Live. Streamin.., miami dupli
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Enjoyable@@ Roma vs Bayern Munich live s.., Shohag Kaysar
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- miami dupli
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)