If Wishes And Dreams Were Money
If wishes and dreams were money, I would be a millionaire;
If they were all I needed, I would already be there,
Privy to your resplendent, amazing grace!
Nothing may serve to recompense or replace
What we have already, tragically lost-
We pay each and every day, our grievous lamentation, the cost!
With each day that passes, there is more about you to learn,
And all the while, this Father's heart continues to yearn
For Daughters that he does not even know,
Yet loves more than anyone-a love that continues to grow,
Despite our estrangement, by those who do not consider who
They might hurt-whose very responsibility was to consider you!
One day, my dreams and wishes will come true-
I will be the richest man in the world, when I again know you!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If Wishes And Dreams Were Money by Maurice Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- 'Oh, Heart''Oh, Heart'..., Arafat Driche
- HearT! ? ...., Arafat Driche
- The Art of Praying, Dr John Celes
- Auto-Abuse, No Charge, not $7.11 @ 7-11 .., LUVinThe NOW
- we won't even have the circus, Mandolyn Davidson
- doing donuts in the mojave desert, Mandolyn Davidson
- 'Thank You Trees', Christina Sunrise
- gurudarsanam-indian thought, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Ok so my my girlfiend is a nymphpomaniac, cristobal Benjumea
- Your Shot, Your Time, Maverick Jones