If You Are Mirage, I'm Quicksand
In the midst of unending sand-land,
I witnessed an Oasis, full of greens
and the water was glistening as the
diamond eyes of my beloved.....
Thirsty I rushed to drink
to wet my dry throat,
the lines of date trees stretched
their branches to call me- - - - - -
Come, come take rest, the band of
Arabian musicians are here, fill your
ears with their exotic music......
I stumbled, I fell I felt the
scorching heat, getting near
I found no Oasis, no water
and no music.
Sand and sand was only there,
and the sky above with its
hot ball, the earth below barren.
The Cactus world tore me,
scratched me, wounded and bruised I,
found me under the cover of sand,
forming a hole, deep and fathomless.
If you are mirage, I'm quicksand now!
Neela Nath's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If You Are Mirage, I'm Quicksand by Neela Nath )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- the apple of my I, Prophmatt . . .
- And Then There Was Love, Sandra Feldman
- Sigh, Erwick Brandon
- Marwari Businessman Father-in-law Want I.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Happiness is not preventive., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Fatal Attraction, Sandra Feldman
- Be a finger of the hand., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- My Typical Village, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I shall love self, hasmukh amathalal
- Keep the thought free., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.