If you die
When tired of being into trouble,
I cry to my bitter end,
trying to figure my hopeless end,
the journey to my ready prepared land.
With no love I prepare for the waiting end,
with no desire, to leave my beloved on the land
eagerly with courage I see the coming of my end,
I despare to my world of laziness to its bitter end,
I have no brother, no sister on this lovely land,
my lazy world now a shame to the young tomorrow
The land with no peace, no love, no hope for tomorrow
The land of sad life pains and, yes only sorrow
my age has come to die, here this for tomorrow
Do your best when young and strive for being honoured,
When you die dont die while you despare of your life
let them learn the best of you.
die not like a castrated pig with no that piglet
how proud, when you die the great.
What is of you, that we thank you, and call the great.
No don`t be lazy, the lazy,
when you die celebrate, to escape the title The lazy
achieve the best before you despare your life
let the young learn from you
that is why, you need to die a great
Samweli Butobi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If you die by Samweli Butobi )
- You Were Never A No, Susan Lacovara
- Making change, Rosa. L Tenezaca
- My Home, Fatima Nusairat
- Strength is POWER!, Rosa. L Tenezaca
- With love at once, hasmukh amathalal
- Through A Puppet's Eyes (2), Dilantha Gunawardana
- Illusion perpetuates., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love inspired meetings inspire, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Autumn, Deborah Kelley
- Fear of God?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)