M.D Dinesh Nair
IF YOU REFUSE MY FLOWER..
A flower will bloom
In my small garden
On my plant too one day
And I shall offer
The very first one
To you, my dear.
My flower will have many petals,
Its colour will be that turns
You envious of my garden
And its fragrance will traverse
Beyond your stretches.
It is certain.
But if you refuse my flower
What shall I do?
I am pondering over it...
Even after you reject my flower
You will perhaps visit
My garden that is on a knoll with
Its plants creeping unto the sky.
And on your visit, I am afraid
You will nip many a bud at once.
My flower will then frown at me.
Then I shall cry unto the skies
Till the stars invite me
To send my flower to them for ever.
If you refuse my flower,
It will smile from the skies...
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (IF YOU REFUSE MY FLOWER.. by M.D Dinesh Nair )
Did you read them?
- In The Blue Hour, Nathalie Handal
- The Day Monsoon Appeared Upon My Eyes, Narayana Raghavan
- Bethlehem, Nathalie Handal
- Maa, sushant jha
- Tonight, Nathalie Handal
- Black Beans, Edward Kofi Louis
- Humble Yourself, Edward Kofi Louis
- Gauravshali Bihar, sushant jha
- Exiled Sentence, Nathalie Handal
- Transcendent Moment, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- nugget, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- bra maidenform, rwetewrt erwtwer
- healthy back bag, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- rwetewrt erwtwer
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)