If You Were
If you were possible,
I would pull you near,
Without a whisper of guilt,
Nor breath of regret.
I wouldn't care,
That you have not been mine,
Have not felt my lips,
Or my hands on hidden skin.
I would shine with you,
The one I cannot dream without,
I would look into your rapturous
And match it with my own.
You are the echo for my soul,
The quenching to my longing,
Oh....to breathe what you breathe,
To taste what you taste.
For years that will never return,
I have stood frozen,
Lost in a dream of you,
So full of feeling and detail.
I am in unrequited love,
With this stolen moment,
Suddenly aware that without this
I will remain silent and alone.
Forgotten by loves good graces.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If You Were by Ruby Honeytip )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- আশীর্বাদ, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- The Question of the Metaphysical Squirrel, Eugene Levich
- She Met Three Interesting People In The .., Toshie Nohara
- Aketay Imetay, D.L. Aceves
- Celestial Musings, Chris Running Bear
- Fairy Tale Of Magical Worlds, Chris Running Bear
- At my door, hasmukh amathalal
- Imagination but real, Mashiur Rahman
- I cant see you but I know you there, yolandey breedt
- Like an old-fashioned tradition, Kamini Arichandran