Kiss! Hollyhock in Love's luxuriant close!
Brisk music played on pearly little keys,
In tempo with the witching melodies
Love in the ardent heart repeating goes.
Sonorous, graceful Kiss, hail! Kiss divine!
Unequalled boon, unutterable bliss!
Man, bent o'er thine enthralling chalice, Kiss,
Grows drunken with a rapture only thine!
Thou comfortest as music does, and wine,
And grief dies smothered in thy purple fold.
Let one greater than I, Kiss, and more bold,
Rear thee a classic, monumental line.
Humble Parisian bard, this infantile
Bouquet of rhymes I tender half in fear....
Be gracious, and in guerdon, on the dear
Red lips of One I know, alight and smile!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Il Bacio by Paul Verlaine )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Breaking Free, Maverick Jones
- Delusion, Gabriel Jirgba
- Something Special, Gabriel Jirgba
- Enough, Lilly Emery
- A Dog's Life., richard harris
- Country Till I Die, Maverick Jones
- Burnout 14, Moses Samandar
- Ice Cold River, Maverick Jones
- No worries, creative killer
- I had a dream we were back together again, ernestine howqard