Chime Justice Ndubuisi
My dearly beloved shadow of light;
My light when the day is dead
Receive and keep me in your brazier,
Receive me your resident lost.
The gorgeous light that illuminate earth evermore,
Like a wide open, sleepless eye forever
The light whose breath is fire;
Oh, master over the ever darkening night,
Sometimes, I reach out to touch you;
Will I burn, or be bright as day?
With your light other lights illuminate
And return to their first position
Like triangular stars before the fall
Like the light that extinguishes the night;
Smooth as a king's way,
Riding in your chariot ever shinning;
With your light I am blest.
Who would behold you my ideal light?
The stream from which bright waters flow
Those abiding in your light most holy.
My guerdon is a noble fame; for
To turn away from you is the beginning of death.
Chime Justice Ndubuisi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Illuminate by Chime Justice Ndubuisi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I Know It Isn't Me, JAMES T. ADAIR
- Matin de toujours, bjpafa Almeida
- Hey, you there?, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The Song of Love Sing I, Whsitle I, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Moment Of Madness, Oduro Bright Amoh
- if you ask me, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Don't Forget Me, JAMES T. ADAIR
- Know Thyself, Savita Tyagi
- counting moths, lee fones
- Is This India Where Female Foeticide Is .., Bijay Kant Dubey