Chime Justice Ndubuisi
My dearly beloved shadow of light;
My light when the day is dead
Receive and keep me in your brazier,
Receive me your resident lost.
The gorgeous light that illuminate earth evermore,
Like a wide open, sleepless eye forever
The light whose breath is fire;
Oh, master over the ever darkening night,
Sometimes, I reach out to touch you;
Will I burn, or be bright as day?
With your light other lights illuminate
And return to their first position
Like triangular stars before the fall
Like the light that extinguishes the night;
Smooth as a king's way,
Riding in your chariot ever shinning;
With your light I am blest.
Who would behold you my ideal light?
The stream from which bright waters flow
Those abiding in your light most holy.
My guerdon is a noble fame; for
To turn away from you is the beginning of death.
Chime Justice Ndubuisi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Illuminate by Chime Justice Ndubuisi )
- मीडिया, Priyanka Gupta
- The Daughter of the Earth - 19, gajanan mishra
- सीने में आग भरो, Aftab Alam
- Annoyance Generator, Christopher Withers
- The Lass Of Alberry, Julian Mann
- The truant.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- All Is This World, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Feeling Alive, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reactions To A Poem, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Examinations, abhi mangla
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(3rd April 19sixty)