Chime Justice Ndubuisi
My dearly beloved shadow of light;
My light when the day is dead
Receive and keep me in your brazier,
Receive me your resident lost.
The gorgeous light that illuminate earth evermore,
Like a wide open, sleepless eye forever
The light whose breath is fire;
Oh, master over the ever darkening night,
Sometimes, I reach out to touch you;
Will I burn, or be bright as day?
With your light other lights illuminate
And return to their first position
Like triangular stars before the fall
Like the light that extinguishes the night;
Smooth as a king's way,
Riding in your chariot ever shinning;
With your light I am blest.
Who would behold you my ideal light?
The stream from which bright waters flow
Those abiding in your light most holy.
My guerdon is a noble fame; for
To turn away from you is the beginning of death.
Chime Justice Ndubuisi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Illuminate by Chime Justice Ndubuisi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- aut neca aut necare, RIC S. BASTASA
- Not a Poem at all, sEaN nOrTh
- to be empty all over again and move like.., RIC S. BASTASA
- and once again you decide to live., RIC S. BASTASA
- 'tonight at ten'., RIC S. BASTASA
- you must be lucky to have found it, RIC S. BASTASA
- love became l o v e became LOVE and now .., Mandolyn ...
- that self-confidence, RIC S. BASTASA
- do not have to fathom it like some kind .., RIC S. BASTASA
- amor patriae, RIC S. BASTASA