Imagination plays me most intolerable tricks.
To enumerate them all would be unbearably prolix.
Just a trifle bids them gather and a trifle bids them go.
And they tease me and torment me more than anyone can know.
Tricks of strange, disordered action, tricks of strange disordered thought.
Tricks of seeking explanations most unprofitably sought.
But my will is learning daily, when the creatures growl and leap,
That a stern voice and a stinging lash will drive them back to sleep.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Imagination by Gamaliel Bradford )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I Fly, I Fly, I Fly Higher and Higher~~~, Monk E. Biz
- 68th Independence Day of India (15th Aug.., Dr John Celes
- At Victoria Memorial, Calcutta, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Missing You, Lilly Emery
- You Just Think She Is Your Sister Too, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Robots In Love, Bijay Kant Dubey
- George Crowley Bush, Richard Thripp
- Tragic Dream, Electric Lady
- Fading Away, Tara Stano
- Reasons of existence, Mohammad Siddiqui