Imagination plays me most intolerable tricks.
To enumerate them all would be unbearably prolix.
Just a trifle bids them gather and a trifle bids them go.
And they tease me and torment me more than anyone can know.
Tricks of strange, disordered action, tricks of strange disordered thought.
Tricks of seeking explanations most unprofitably sought.
But my will is learning daily, when the creatures growl and leap,
That a stern voice and a stinging lash will drive them back to sleep.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Imagination by Gamaliel Bradford )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- दैज्लां दुब्लिनि, Ronjoy Brahma
- you are guilty, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- While Death Sits At The Window-Sill, Landred Vhael
- Cigarate Vapour, Ronjoy Brahma
- Life sentence, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- STEADFAST IN LOVE, Colin Ian Jeffery
- The Tome Of Storms, Landred Vhael
- With malice towards none, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Human Vulture, V P Mahur
- Love You, Filmon Tesfaldet