Think of a doorway opening to paradise
Softly unlocked by a tender kiss.
Imagine the passion love will then fashion
From eager hearts climbing this stairway to bliss.
When love takes control of the very soul.
Being 'in love' affects every minute
Of every day, then through years of life's span
Catch, if you can, the reason for you being 'in' it.
'In love' is far more than poetic phrase.
It's a state of being - more than a state
Of existing for pleasure, - caring's entailed.
Imagine the difference love can create.
Doorways to love have various faces.
Parental and filial, and care for the old.
Devotion to offspring, help for the helpless.
Imagine how many love stories are told
Which, rippling in circles, quench life's love-thirst.
Watering another when troubles abound.
Commitment to love is an awesome thing.
But imagine a world without love around.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Imagining Love by Fay Slimm )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Working Man, K.J. Jackson
- I Was About To, Neela Nath
- Saying Goodbye, Myanna Williams
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -34, Ronjoy Brahma
- India You Do Not Know, I Do Not Know, Bijay Kant Dubey
- SeaWorld the Orcas Wish to go Home!, Rachel Nichols
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -33, Ronjoy Brahma
- Crazy Mary, Midnights Voice
- Creative Solutions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -32, Ronjoy Brahma