Think of a doorway opening to paradise
Softly unlocked by a tender kiss.
Imagine the passion love will then fashion
From eager hearts climbing this stairway to bliss.
When love takes control of the very soul.
Being 'in love' affects every minute
Of every day, then through years of life's span
Catch, if you can, the reason for you being 'in' it.
'In love' is far more than poetic phrase.
It's a state of being - more than a state
Of existing for pleasure, - caring's entailed.
Imagine the difference love can create.
Doorways to love have various faces.
Parental and filial, and care for the old.
Devotion to offspring, help for the helpless.
Imagine how many love stories are told
Which, rippling in circles, quench life's love-thirst.
Watering another when troubles abound.
Commitment to love is an awesome thing.
But imagine a world without love around.
Fay Slimm's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Imagining Love by Fay Slimm )
- Leaves in Colors, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Never Give Up, Lilly Emery
- sterilization process of our modern system, Anthony Cavuoti
- Kopje onder, Madrason writer
- five past three, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Trapdoor, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Gans Veer, Madrason writer
- Be What You Are, Lilly Emery
- The abrupt end., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Native land., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns