Jo Marie Takes the Knife
As I sit back and ponder,
rereading poems I've written years before.
Thinking of the meanings and I began to wonder
are my poems just impish outbursts of a child,
Has my life not taken a step ahead,
Makes me think I've walked a few steps instead of a mile.
The same words just written differently,
Have I not changed, am I still who I was
My poems I thought they were my escape
From reality, I thought it was a door
that was going to let me run from my fate.
But as I sit here and think my eyes on the floor
I see a scene began to play, but only its a scene from a previous memory
Realizing my poems are about my past and my present but never my future wonder why?
Thinking of every poem I have ever wrote, I began to think they were all the same as a diary?
The more I think about it.
I feel as if my poems have no true meaning, no reason to exist
Maybe I'm just good at putting words together bit by bit
Until they rhyme? .....
Jo Marie Takes the Knife's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Impish Thoughts by Jo Marie Takes the Knife )
- Seven That Second Hand Music (c) 2014, Richard Provencher
- keep slate clean, hasmukh amathalal
- The Holy Cross of Jesus Christ, Dr John Celes
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.31, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.30, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.29, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.28, Monk E. Biz
- A profession, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.27, Monk E. Biz
- 'Not mine', Elena Sandu
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- 01 And That's How It Is, Shaun Shane
- 02 tired of thought, Shaun Shane
- 03 a love who's just like me, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Udiah (witness to Yah)