Important days of year
Since I am born I use to celebrated,
every year, on date of birth, my birthday.
Many other dates are important, of the year
Obviously, those too I have to remember.
My wedding anniversary, children’s birthday
my important festivals and some annual days.
Mother’s-day, children-day; many celebrations,
I know through news-papers or television.
In my childhood, the result day, I used to wait.
It was the day, I got promoted to next grade.
Showing mark-sheet I got applauded by parents,
mostly good marks, above average I used to get.
After joined my service, though don’t celebrate
but with great enthusiasm I use to wait
for the next year’s January’s last date;
is the date, I get my salary increment added.
These dates add various colors to life every year
but also to grief and trouble, some dates are there.
Every year I have to remember to file the return
of income tax, property tax; early possible as soon.
S.D. TIWARI's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Important days of year by S.D. TIWARI )
- For All The Love In Me, Sasha Claire Beckains
- Sick of Seeing So Much Violence on the S.., Hebert Logerie
- Tomar charan dhuli, ramesh rai
- All horizons, hasmukh amathalal
- The area of no envy, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Your true friend is in you, Ashwini Annigeri
- Towards someone, hasmukh amathalal
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #21, Ronjoy Brahma
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #20, Ronjoy Brahma
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #18, Ronjoy Brahma
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Call It Music, Philip Levine
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(January 10, 1928)