Important days of year
Since I am born I use to celebrated,
every year, on date of birth, my birthday.
Many other dates are important, of the year
Obviously, those too I have to remember.
My wedding anniversary, children’s birthday
my important festivals and some annual days.
Mother’s-day, children-day; many celebrations,
I know through news-papers or television.
In my childhood, the result day, I used to wait.
It was the day, I got promoted to next grade.
Showing mark-sheet I got applauded by parents,
mostly good marks, above average I used to get.
After joined my service, though don’t celebrate
but with great enthusiasm I use to wait
for the next year’s January’s last date;
is the date, I get my salary increment added.
These dates add various colors to life every year
but also to grief and trouble, some dates are there.
Every year I have to remember to file the return
of income tax, property tax; early possible as soon.
S.D. TIWARI's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Important days of year by S.D. TIWARI )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Because We Closed Our Eyes, A.j. Binash
- three, laxami Cards
- For Colin McCahon [NZ Painter: 1919 -1987], Keith Johnson
- Why I never visited NZ from OZ in 1970, Keith Johnson
- Dark Lady, Keith Johnson
- Naboth's vineyard, Gert Strydom
- Those Girls, Keith Johnson
- Maybe there is a deep secret, Gert Strydom
- Final Training Flight, Keith Johnson
- The seat divine sees monarchy renew, Keith Johnson