RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Impossible Nightmare Becoming Reality
A young boy of twelve killed instantly by a falling tree or limb.
Hunting in Colorado with his Dad and friends, enjoying one another and bonding.
Thoughts of killing animals the only ones on their minds.
Experienced hunters, teaching their sport to a child, all rules of safety being followed.
Yet, no one could foretell the circumstances of this freak accident of nature.
Winds kicked up by an impending storm, blowing across the forest with no known targets.
Randomly knocking over a tree, unable to know that below it was a child experiencing life with his father.
Dying instantly, no inkling of anything untoward happening.
A childish face of peace and happiness blessing those present.
No pain or fear emanating from his expression.
In total shock and disbelief, a father kneeling beside his son's body, who just moments before was alive and talking.
Feeling the devastation and pain that followed as mother, sister, and brother were notified.
Child's body being flown back home for the funeral, prayed and cried over, then carefully buried.
Afterwards, the most difficult part, trying to continue living through the silent hell of it all.
So senseless. Unbelievable. A shock to everyone's being.
Pain of living never fully regaining it's stance, because death had taken many reasons from it's path.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Impossible Nightmare Becoming Reality by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- If We Don't Meet Upon The Morrow, Kute Makerz
- Radha, Radha, Radha, You Are My Life & .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Our Angels, vanessa hughes
- Solicitation, Ifthekar Ifthi
- The Redoubt, Noah Body
- For Madhavi, Bernedita Rosinha Pinto
- I Am She, Edward Kofi Louis
- On the Christmas Eve, nimal dunuhinga
- On This Issue, Edward Kofi Louis
- A Lost Friend, adrian moreno