In A Cupcake's Shoes
Cupcakes are meant
to be savored.
They're not meant
to be chewed,
just for the flavor;
they are meant
to be savored.
They should find their way
into your guts.
with any luck,
you fell in love,
when you swallowed
It's a pity
should wind up
in a garbage can,
on account of
your gluttonous guilt.
But I know how you love
your deprived, righteous will.
I'm hurt you wouldn't eat me
for fear someone sees.
Or someone finds out
You'd rather I wind up
with the rest of
your lunchtime trash.
I'm not angry,
you can't be,
in the bottom
of a barrel.
When you're made up
You're disposed of
given the two,
I'm happy to have avoided
Violet Winters's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In A Cupcake's Shoes by Violet Winters )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Insanity 2, Daimon Bagley
- Insanity, Daimon Bagley
- Words with no Rhyme or Reason, Holly Wotherspoon
- Who Am I Here? #1, Holly Wotherspoon
- To My Wife, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Where I Am #1, Holly Wotherspoon
- Darkness #2, Holly Wotherspoon
- Last Minute Christmas Eve 1964, mary douglas
- Darkness #1, Holly Wotherspoon
- I Don't Want, Michael P. McParland