In Broad Day Light
Immeasurable, raucous, incessant dreams;
you were not present when they were seen?
Rivers, overflowing and fish who had taken refuge;
on the walls were written, by sun rays
moon through the window,
that was known, seen, in blind dark nights.
Water had rained, from the seas.
every particle was hitting the head;
barbed wires, were some use
the flow perpetually adamant,
Ear marked, dusty and in loose pages
the lament so old
was begun many more years before;
the shroud of mystery, confused with romance
and some reverence for the dead long ago
the plaster on the walls, melting like honey,
this street carries no sweetness
Life in the strings of music
violins are carried away, discovered just;
the whole of the cemetery, carrying bones
swept on the romance of the river.
my mother had left some relics;
eaten by moths
that shall be buried in broad day light.
Sadiqullah Khan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In Broad Day Light by Sadiqullah Khan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Date Night, Charles Hancock
- I Boomerang, Michelle Claus
- Thrills and spills(Hindi translation), Thampi KEE
- What has The CPI(M) Done People Know It.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Communists Are Not At All The Good Men, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Pleading to God?, Dr John Celes
- Restricted!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Seemith!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Fashion Girls, Bijay Kant Dubey
- How Suicide Works 3, C Jay Caputo