Lawrence S. Pertillar
In Good Times. In Bad Times
If not for those incredible sounds of Motown.
Burt Bacharach and Hal David.
Mamas and Papas.
'Up, Up And Away' by The Fifth dimension.
Alcohol and an occasional puff on weed,
As every musician back then reigned 'Supreme'...
Back in the mid-60's until the early 70's,
Many of us very young and in the military...
'AND' patriotic too,
Would not have survived the disguise emphasized,
We were there to prevent,
Any harm done to alarm.
Since all of us guys knew too well,
The meaning behind the lyrics...
Of 'That's What Friends Are For'.
In good times.
In bad times.
To know without a doubt,
Any moment all 'hell' could break out.
With a protecting each other's back for a fact,
For me and others would agree too,
'Baby It's You'.
In those good times.
And those bad times together,
We knew as we grew committed...
To be the best we could be,
For one another.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In Good Times. In Bad Times by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Playing For Keeps, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Lonely Old Fellow, Edgar Albert Guest
- Clinching The Bolt, Edgar Albert Guest
- Modern Man thinks He Hmself A Photographer, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Youth, Edgar Albert Guest
- Ten Fingered Mice, Edgar Albert Guest
- Success, Edgar Albert Guest
- Mother And The Baby, Edgar Albert Guest
- When The Young Are Grown, Edgar Albert Guest
- Living, Edgar Albert Guest