He was gone
She was having feelings of hopelessness and despair
Her life was as empty and bare as deciduous trees are
of leaves in winter she reckoned.
The rainstorm was raging furiously outside
As she looked out the window she could see nothing but darkness.
Suddenly the phone rang!
She picked it up and heard his voice
Her feelings of despair and hopelessness went fleeing
like deer being chased by a hunter
Feelings of joy optimism and hope began to course
through her veins.
She was in love and her love was coming home!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In Love by Glenda Gambill )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Wildly Into The Night, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Drunk poetry, Christian Lacdael
- Opportunities, Christian Lacdael
- COPLA 68 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Yes I Do, Lalit Kaira
- Wooden Footprints, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- New Migration Equilibriums Time Shift Es.., Terence G. Craddock
- bonnie to your clyde, Mandolyn ...
- Purpose Of Life!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Corridors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak