He was gone
She was having feelings of hopelessness and despair
Her life was as empty and bare as deciduous trees are
of leaves in winter she reckoned.
The rainstorm was raging furiously outside
As she looked out the window she could see nothing but darkness.
Suddenly the phone rang!
She picked it up and heard his voice
Her feelings of despair and hopelessness went fleeing
like deer being chased by a hunter
Feelings of joy optimism and hope began to course
through her veins.
She was in love and her love was coming home!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In Love by Glenda Gambill )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(3 June 1926 – 5 April 1997)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- Communist Goons, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Trinmul Congress Party's Gift Is The Fre.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Dark Chapter, Abdullah alHemaidy
- The Sun Sings in You, Patti Masterman
- Desolate Fox, Prasad Natarajan
- Real Poverty, Abdullah alHemaidy
- A Dream In My Soul, Spiritwind Wood
- Peace, Leonard Champlin
- A Spirit Forever Free, Spiritwind Wood
- Mamas Counsel, Adeosun Olamide