He was gone
She was having feelings of hopelessness and despair
Her life was as empty and bare as deciduous trees are
of leaves in winter she reckoned.
The rainstorm was raging furiously outside
As she looked out the window she could see nothing but darkness.
Suddenly the phone rang!
She picked it up and heard his voice
Her feelings of despair and hopelessness went fleeing
like deer being chased by a hunter
Feelings of joy optimism and hope began to course
through her veins.
She was in love and her love was coming home!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In Love by Glenda Gambill )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Moment Of Happiness, Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Death Be Not Proud, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- A Universal Gift, Sandra Feldman
- The Constant Factor, Steve Kittell
- The Life Doesn't Stop for Me., Jiya Acharya
- Somewhere In Fantasy Land Hazel Icefrost, Heather Burns
- Beats of the New City., Jiya Acharya
- Somewhere In Fantasy Land A Wedding, Heather Burns
- Somewhere In Fatasy Land Bracken Elfshi.., Heather Burns
- Happy New Year!, Tushar Ray
- This Is Hell, Paula Glynn
- Nap Time, Michael P. McParland