In My Eloquence
Do believe in my eloquence,
This embrocation is vaster than life;
The glamour of this weapon of words
Defeats the beauty so grand and bold.
My pretty word is my simpler taste,
Have I not sentenced the fatal gesture?
I discovered, too, that a good work
Was a bright serene month,
That was the world of the worlds.
My favourite confirmation became belief,
But I, and the rest, enjoyed fully the faith
Given to the swearing of oaths.
Its fruit was a scattering of worth,
The nature of the merriment adding together.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In My Eloquence by Naveed Akram )
- 4 June 2014, Shri R Brahma
- Breeze, Brian Hyun Kim
- Big Dark Cloud, Albert Martin
- 1 June 2014, Shri R Brahma
- America, What's So Beautiful?, Kathryn Tyler King
- 30 May 2014, Shri R Brahma
- love nature, khaled Elbalishy
- Keep feet, hasmukh amathalal
- What Will It Take?, Kathryn Tyler King
- 12 May 2014, Shri R Brahma
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)