Michael P. McParland
In My Heart
In my heart it will only
ever truly hold you.
For you are my true love and my light,
every night I kiss your memory
to help me pass the time.
If only you could see,
the abundance of love I hold for thee.
I try to show it
and perhaps it's so foreign in it's expression
that you just don't know it.
In my heart of hearts
you are the only lady meant just for me.
Please come back look me in the eyes
and hear my plea.
You are the most beautiful angel
I have ever known and seen.
Every night I pray for my love
to be felt and truly known.
I send you all my love and warmth
through every waking moment.
In my heart crying out to you,
please come back and take my hand
and let me show it.
I love only you and would give my all
and everything just to show you how true
my depths of undying love are for you.
In my heart babe you're my angel,
my light, my entire universe.
If only you knew just how deeply loved
and needed you truly are.
In my heart I need you here.
Oh my love I'm literally withering
and dying without you.
Michael P. McParland's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In My Heart by Michael P. McParland )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
George Gordon Byron
(22 January 1788 – 19 April 1824)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I'm Explaining a Few Things, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Trace, Deepak Malapur
- Regimen at Youth and Old age, chandra thiagarajan
- Dear Katleho, Matthias Pantaleon
- Therapy in America at Christmas in 2014, Bill Grace
- Lost, Paul Sebastian
- Farewell 2014, Paul Sebastian
- The Right Religion, Kevin Forbes
- Miles away, hannah wilbert
- (8) जिख्लाबसे लाइजाम: 'रैसुमै'नो, Ronjoy Brahma
- A life unexamined, Robert Plese