In My Heart
Beneath the cool shade my love lounges,
The high-pitched bird-song on the branch,
And by my feet an insect scrounges,
And in my heart— love’s avalanche!
A white rose blossoms, opens, swells,
Your love is sweet, like ripened berries,
And in my heart your fire dwells,
Flickering there amidst the faeries!
In the cool shade love is dreamy,
In my sleep I hold you tight,
And in my heart you wake to see me,
As songbirds gather, mate, take flight!
Joshua Dinkin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In My Heart by Joshua Dinkin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Kind of Vertigo, douglas scotney
- Sacaificed, Tony Ford
- Gay parade, Nassy Fesharaki
- Neighbor, Katie Doty
- department stores give me a headache, Mandolyn ...
- Secrets Hidden By The Side Of The Road, Is It Poetry
- Poetic Flashes, Sandra Feldman
- Lick Of Leak, sallam yassin
- Ode to Arizona on a Hot Summer's Day, Adam M. Snow
- Forgiveness, Tony Ford