In My Veins
In my veins instead of blood
flows the sin of the killer.
In my veins instead of you
is flowing cold laugh
Trying to find a way
in each fold of your lips.
Do not breathe, please,
or it would be the end of my dreams
I'm trying to protect myself
but still keep in thy sight.
But below me is only heaven
and above me is dark deep sky
No, please, go away,
do not try to save my name.
The darkness is my cage
I do not want you to get caught
I am not the one you want
say it aloud and understand.
My body is like a tower
and blood is poison, so seize the day
Tasted what was forbidden
I poisoned you, so go now!
What's lost, lost would be
You have to honor to find me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In My Veins by Jana Hubena )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale