Dr John Celes
In Support of a Doctor’s Case…
Ethics is back in every profession,
For good of everyone on earth;
Sky-high has gone in life, corruption!
Now honest people are a real dearth.
To do just good is something all desire;
Avoiding harm is much more important;
Good sense must always stay in life like fire;
Our conscience should no time turn dormant.
But everything is costlier these days!
A medico spends lot of cash today;
Medical education’s a rat-race!
How does a student his loans then repay?
Just blame the system for the ways things are;
Getting a seat in colleges is tough;
Nothing happens by positions of star;
At persons educated, people laugh!
The doctor is quite human like others;
But people want a cure in every case;
About the doctor’s life, whoev’r bothers?
He has to keep a pleasant face always!
And people have gone consumer-crazy;
They doubt the doctor if things go amiss;
They bring the patient late, being lazy;
No one wants grief but want life with just bliss!
And drugs are turning dearer every day;
The costs of equipment have gone sky-high!
For special trainings, through your nose, you pay;
All doctors have to learn until they die!
A doctor needs to be with knowledge good;
His theory must be put into practice;
For patient’s sake, he must maintain his mood;
He must not, his patients ever entice!
A doctor runs between pillar and post;
The laws of land warn him with punishments;
The Code of Ethics haunts him like a ghost;
He is at mercy of establishments!
He cannot heed his conscience these days;
Health policies have pinned the doctors straight;
His workplace seems almost akin a maze;
His routine problems don’t seem to abate!
Why blame the doctors for the ways, things are?
Corruption rules the roost in every way;
If diligent, his name, they try to mar;
A doctor is not God, god-like or Fay!
He tries to do his best but may well, err;
They blame the doctor if something goes wrong;
His limitations, all must consider!
A doctor’s life has turned a plaintive song!
A doctor is a human being too;
Each time, a miracle, he cannot do!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 26-01-2013
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (In Support of a Doctor’s Case… by Dr John Celes )
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Fließendes Grün, Floy Dy (Floyd) Ra (Floydson)
- Release yourself, Elena Ioannou
- BETCHE SAID PATIENCE, ANTHONY KIRUI
- Crazy Thing, Leah Ayliffe
- A Thought A Head, Ima Ryma
- **कधी कधी **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** सागं ना 2 **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** अबोल भावना मनातल्या **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- I am Not Alone, Sandra Feldman
- When the flower withers, Leong Ming Loong