Emmanuel George Cefai
In The Island Of The Pelican, The Gods
In the island of the pelican, the gods
Throw dice as they play.
Here and there they see
The motion of chance
Quiet on the island but for
The rustling of the trees
Inhabitants inland from
The sandy shores.
And the white sand
That blue against the dark of
Sky and heaven
Post red dusk glimmers
Glimmers as the waves
Tiny, fractional, growing,
Emmanuel George Cefai's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In The Island Of The Pelican, The Gods by Emmanuel George Cefai )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Ebola, Is It Poetry
- Last Journey, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Cat Nap..., Denis Martindale
- Blasphemy Is Light Which Beacons The Pat.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Tall One, tallulah montegue
- to be continued..., Mandolyn ...
- A song of a real dream!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The Face in the Passing Train, David Lewis Paget
- Awareness of the Truth (Section 36 of Th.., rajendran muthiah
- The Poetic Art & Craft of O.N.Gupta, Bijay Kant Dubey