In The Land Of A Thousand Suns
In the land of a thousand suns, I sailed the sea of broken dreams,
Torrent winds and high tides of hopeless belief and faithless hope gushed against the ship of faith I sailed.
A land were fallen tears rained violent storms, a land were whispers of unanswered prayers are echoed by blistering winds.
In the land of a thousand suns, I journeyed through a field of unblossomed stars, a land were clouds paint faceless portraits of unsung dreamers.
A land were shadows dance to songs without singers, of voices without lyrics.
In the land of a thousand suns, I journeyed through forests, whose earth was betrayed by the trees that
sunk their teeth of roots.
In the land of a thousand suns I walked through cemeteries of dead promises, promises that never came to light, promise that flickered on the tongues of those that promised thee.
In the land of a thousand suns, I slithered through deserts of empty faith, a land were sandstorms of hopelessness plagued the weary traveler's dream.
In the land of a thousand suns I journeyed.....
mbuyu makayi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (In The Land Of A Thousand Suns by mbuyu makayi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- NIGERIA OF MY DREAM 8, john chizoba vincent
- The Aardvark, George Hunter
- Children of the Night, Maverick Jones
- PESSIMISM VERSUS OPTIMISM التشاؤم ضد الت.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- NIGERIA OF MY DREAM 7, john chizoba vincent
- The tin box, Sagarika Julka
- Strong Woman, Lilly Emery
- Am I doing fine?, Sagarika Julka
- The Willow Tree, Lara A. Aqrawi
- Not Slowing Down, Maverick Jones