In The Land Of A Thousand Suns
In the land of a thousand suns, I sailed the sea of broken dreams,
Torrent winds and high tides of hopeless belief and faithless hope gushed against the ship of faith I sailed.
A land were fallen tears rained violent storms, a land were whispers of unanswered prayers are echoed by blistering winds.
In the land of a thousand suns, I journeyed through a field of unblossomed stars, a land were clouds paint faceless portraits of unsung dreamers.
A land were shadows dance to songs without singers, of voices without lyrics.
In the land of a thousand suns, I journeyed through forests, whose earth was betrayed by the trees that
sunk their teeth of roots.
In the land of a thousand suns I walked through cemeteries of dead promises, promises that never came to light, promise that flickered on the tongues of those that promised thee.
In the land of a thousand suns, I slithered through deserts of empty faith, a land were sandstorms of hopelessness plagued the weary traveler's dream.
In the land of a thousand suns I journeyed.....
mbuyu makayi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (In The Land Of A Thousand Suns by mbuyu makayi )
- The Indefinable, Sandra Feldman
- Nothing But A Sweet Sensation, Ronell Warren Alman
- Night Walkers, Olufayo Ezekiel
- Sonnet: Life Looks Strange, Dr John Celes
- The Real Me, Margaret Alice Second
- kiss me hardy, george albot
- When Will I Wake, Anirudh Rawat
- Silencio en ingles, Donnie Wolff
- Our Lewd Obscene and Vulgar Episodes, Hamid Vitalis
- Life, Anirudh Rawat
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)