Lawrence S. Pertillar
In The Minds Of Those Awakening
Separate political affliations,
And a number of religious divisions...
Depicting and in conflict,
What for others is best to accept...
Has yet to be proven a remedy that reflects,
A people who claim they expect to unify...
All that they have done to reject...
Diversed opinions and those who make decisions...
Based upon their ethnic beliefs they have known to own.
Before outsiders decided 'their' standards created to value,
Will be inflicted to follow with a restricting to not allow...
That which had been in place and peacefully,
To have 'anyone' perceive...
A dismissing to ignore them is going to be easily achieved.
These are not the days,
Delusions can successfully compete with a truth appearing...
In the minds of those awakening with a cleared consciousness.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In The Minds Of Those Awakening by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Evil!, Malcolm Gould
- Dreams, Malcolm Gould
- Hermit's Cat, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Dead than Alive, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Gloomy Day, Ronald Chapman
- Giving Up On Life (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- My Last Silver Dime, Is It Poetry
- Giraffe (Children's Poem), Ronald Chapman
- The Night Message, Teye Wayoe Ebenezer
- Friendship Can Grow No More (Secret Mess.., Ronald Chapman