Lawrence S. Pertillar
In The Minds Of Those Awakening
Separate political affliations,
And a number of religious divisions...
Depicting and in conflict,
What for others is best to accept...
Has yet to be proven a remedy that reflects,
A people who claim they expect to unify...
All that they have done to reject...
Diversed opinions and those who make decisions...
Based upon their ethnic beliefs they have known to own.
Before outsiders decided 'their' standards created to value,
Will be inflicted to follow with a restricting to not allow...
That which had been in place and peacefully,
To have 'anyone' perceive...
A dismissing to ignore them is going to be easily achieved.
These are not the days,
Delusions can successfully compete with a truth appearing...
In the minds of those awakening with a cleared consciousness.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In The Minds Of Those Awakening by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Nigeria I Hail Thee, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- Her Smile, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- ©Getting Over You, Bandile Matsenjwa
- Lost and Found (one f word at the end), Anthony Di'anno
- raining in scotland, ko the skipper
- THE BLACK MAN WITH A KNIFE, johnny case
- I don't know if I know me, Logan Fulk
- Frustration, courtney metcalf
- WE ARE HERE, Christina Sunrise
- Your love, Mark Heathcote