IN THE VERY CRUST OF RETROGRESSION
In the very crust of retrogression
When depression has sapped up all your passion…
In the hollow belly of starvation
Where your dreams are snapped and your success seems to have taken a perpetual nap…
In trying times of agony whines and rusted dimes
When no bell seems to chime and everything seems out of line…
When your limits seem endearingly explicit
And even the devil deprives you of his credit…
When laughter is a treasure unviable
And you are dizzied by distress cliffs unsurmountable…
When it seems you’ve come to end of the road
And life’s tribulations put you in hibernation mode…
When sunshine scalds more than ever
And you meet a dead end with every manoeuvre…
When hope seems so slender, and through uncanny crevices you have to meander…
When you keep spelling never, in attempts to plot an endeavour
When there are no successes to savour…
When God seems to have relieved you of his favour
When the fear of looming failure makes you quiver….
And despair hangs high over
When there is an urge to hold your surge
When at the pillar of condemnation life your back does severely scourge….
Don’t retreat, don’t surrender
To the throne of success don’t be a pretender
Don’t let your adversaries rip your hopes asunder
Your dusk will certainly be over
And your illuminated dawn will prevail yonder…
Have ever paused to ponder?
Why a smile is victor over a frown?
Why up is always above down?
Why water is so soothing?
And life so enthralling?
Why fire could be scalding and yet so refining?
Don’t look back, in your pursuits you may skid off track
But don’t let yor alleys remain dark
Light them up with faith
Illuminate them with patience, it is worth the wait
In the very crust of retrogression lies the core of a great lesson
“life is not a luxury session.”
delalorm fiaka's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (IN THE VERY CRUST OF RETROGRESSION by delalorm fiaka )
- Veneration Celebration, Wood Nymph
- My Perfect Moment, Mark Webster
- Yes, I've Started Loving Self!, Nishant Seeker
- Twinkle twinkle little star, ramesh rai
- The Waiting, Jeremy Rascon
- Metaphysical Martyr, James Darwin Smith II
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 2, ramesh rai
- Silent Sentinel, Von Kimball Barney
- Inspired By Some Lines of Psalm 119, Dr John Celes
- Fast Sunday, Von Kimball Barney
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)