In This Place
in the greater scheme of things
nothing really matters
the fervent endeavours
of our daily lives are easily erased
we try and build legacies
we try and try
but even kings are forgotten
even kings suffer ridicule.
what of the fools?
what of peasants?
what of slaves endentured to the whims
of the pseudosanctified industry?
this dead thing
we breathe our life into.
like God breathed a soul into Adam.
yet... we are not gods.
we huff and awake the monster.
it masticates and spews us out.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In This Place by Rae Edson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Greatness of Ascetics(Section 3 of T.., rajendran muthiah
- It came like a storm, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- please don't take her, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Car Lights (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- Expression Eruption: Alcohol, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Death please came and take me, tsholofelo phakathi
- The Ph.D. Guide & The Girl Scholar (A Lo.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- And Were You Dreaming In The Licorice Ni.., mary douglas
- Por-por Chha Gaya.........., Upendra Singh
- It Is Beautiful To Act Like A Sattagerin.., Bijay Kant Dubey