Lawrence S. Pertillar
In Your Corner
You've got to know what it's like,
To be yourself and be right.
Among smiling demons...
Who lie with delighted appetites.
And all that they do
Is undermine anyone like you
By screwing over others
Who accept them as being true!
They haste to erase your efforts.
And take credit for your gains!
Hoping you will be chased away
With a heartbreaking display of pain!
But God keeps in your corner...
And they hate the fact He is!
They have no idea,
The depth of your strength...
Which keeps your conscious clear!
And theirs...full of tears and much complaint!
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In Your Corner by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Alone, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- bonds of friendship, kat tommany
- valentine's day, kat tommany
- can i be your valentine's day, kat tommany
- Even If Broken, Lyn Paul
- forever and always yours, kat tommany
- The constant rewards of the will to comm.., Dan Reynolds
- Meelo paidal chalkar tumko, tumse milwan.., VIJAY SINGH BHADORIYA
- Secretly Loving You, Reagan A. Latumbo
- Alone..., Alesia Leach
- Hunger is Here, Angell Afinowi